Chapter 2 Pillar Objectives
The objectives of this pillar are to:
- facilitate identification and reporting of targeted adult disease-vector mosquitoes by citizen scientists;
- validate and analyze this citizen science data;
- produce real time and reliable scientific data and models for management and risk evaluation.
In addition to these objectives, this pillar includes the cross-cutting objective of
- engaging citizen scientists in the fight against disease vector mosquitoes by helping them to better understand the problem and solutions;
- obtaining feedback from citizen scientists about monitoring and control strategies.